Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Homemade Stitch Markers

These were an attempt to try something new. I made some Shrinky Dink stitch markers with a Harry Potter theme to send to someone. I made some other ones for Ian today as well. His swap partner has a critter themed package, so he chose some Harry Potter critters which we made into stitch markers as well.
These are Ian's critter markers for his swap partner. I think they came out cute. He designed them with the beads, I did the Shrinky Dink part and the assembly of the markers.
These are made from the little charm pieces I found at either Disneyland or Disney World. The one on the right is a bee (from Pooh). I had trouble with my Mickey head and hand, and Pooh's honey pot. May have to make a trip to the bead shop to see if they have an idea. Minnie's shoe is the first wrap I've ever done. not sure I did it well, but it works for now!

The other two markers are a pewter bear charm I found, and a Peruvian ceramic turtle. I think I really like how that one turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment