Samantha gave us a pair of her old pointe shoes and we set to work to turn them into individualized room decorations.
After many coats of paint and some poked fingers and a broken needle we produced what we thought were beautiful pieces of art.
Sadly, although they were intended for the Silent Auction at Spring Showcase, neither got a nibble and they came home with us.
Amber putting the first coat of paint on the Spring pointe shoe.
This is the first one I started sewing on. I shoved the eye of the needle into my thumb a couple times, stabbed myself with a couple of those pins, and then eventually broke the eye off the needle. I replaced the needle and dug out a thimble!
These are our finished products!
The green one we called Spring. The pink flowers were added on with hot glue, and the sparkles on the Cinderella (or Nutcracker Clara) were added with jewelers glue.
Now, I know you are asking - smell? Well, they weren't too stinky to begin with, but we Febreezed the insides and put a sachet in the toe of each. They turned out lovely and are currently hanging in a doorway in our house until we sell them. We may be adding them to the Etsy shop - we shall see. I was going to ask Samantha if she's okay with it, as they are her donated shoes. She's looking for her other ones to donate as well.


No comments:
Post a Comment