This morning was not as pompy and circumstancy as normal Christmas mornings around here. We didn't even eat breakfast until everyone was up and the gifts unwrapped. It was 10:45 a.m.when Daryn had a fire in the fire pit going to burn the wrapping paper.
The kids LOVED all the new clothing items they got. Ethan exclaimed he LOVES to get clothes for Christmas! I had no idea! Now I know! (Hint there, too, for others who inquire.)
I gave Daryn seat covers for his bug. Whooppee!! And that was it. He didn't desire anything else and I didn't go and buy "stuff" just so he'd have something to open. He didn't have anything for me. Guess we just don't need things this year.
Totally loved the framed photo my mother gave to me (of herself). I really love that particular photograph. I am going to clear off my desk so it sits here for me to see each day. :) She also gave me a teapot that sits on a shallow cup. Very cute and just right for a cup or two of tea. We have lots of those during the winter here as the rain makes our days very damp and bone chilling. I also received a very cute ornament from Mom and Dad - it's yellow with taxi-cab black checker squares on it and it says Mom's Taxi Service! Totally love it! I need to have a year-round tree to display it! And Dad gave me a little sign that says our home is guarded by a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. Definitely will get hung up, and is it ever true. Sherlock barks at EVERYTHING! What a talker he is.
Amber crocheted a beret for me, but it really doesn't fit. (Looks like a yamika.) She did it on her own without a pattern. Great initiative, but nothing I can wear. She told me to put it on my bear. Guess I'll have to do that. She also gave me a beautiful candle sconce with butterflies. She found it at a garage sale over the summer (from the Dawson's) and it will always remind me of her because of the butterflies. Need to find a candle cup to fit in it and a place to hang it, which I think I already know, but need to see if it's possible (will have to ask Daryn).
THIS JUST IN ... LITERALLY!~!~!~!
A BOOKCASE! I am UBBER excited! Finally a place to put all my knitting books and possibly some project bags and baskets of yarn so I know what I'm doing! WHOOPPEE! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Mom and Dad!!!!! Oh, and that framed photo? It's going on there, too!
Will have to update this later. I have some books to put away! (And Amber is wanting help to make birthday invitations.)
No comments:
Post a Comment