Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Wasp ... Antibiotics ... Jellyfish ... What do these have in common?

Ethan!

Poor little guy is not having a great time at boy scout camp.


He was attacked by a wasp during yesterday's hike. It started after Daryn, but couldn't get past his hair, and went at Ethan and into his ear. He reached up and smacked it and killed it ... thankfully before it stung him! Daryn reported that several of the kids were in similar situations (attacked) ... not sure if any were stung.



Ethan also has an ear infection. He went into the water the day they got there (Sunday) because he had to do a swim test. The person watching them didn't see Ethan do a certain requirement and Ethan asked if he could redo it. They wouldn't let him, but told him to return during free time and he could do it again. Between the two he acquired an ear infection and Daryn took him to a doctor and he is now on antibiotics. To top it off, doctor has told him absolutely no going into the water. Poor guy. No small boat sailing merit badge. He really wanted to do it, too!



Lastly, getting out of the water Sunday, he was stung by a jellyfish. There was no one there to pee on him, so he was told to smear katsup on it ... and that's what they did.

I asked Daryn to please take photos of all the wounds ... but apparently, when I asked Ian to make double sure (after I had already checked) the camera had a card, he didn't, and they don't, so no camera :(

1 comment:

  1. If that many kids were attacked by wasps, I'd be willing to bet someone got into a yellow jacket nest.

    Tell Ethan that it sounds like he's enjoying the same kind of ear adventures I had growing up - water and infections. I totally sympathize!

    And while getting stung by a jelly is probably not fun, it surely makes for a good story later on!

    ReplyDelete