Sunday, July 24, 2011

Miracle Ranch Open House

Today Ethan, Amber, and I decided to pay a visit to Miracle Ranch here in Port Orchard. The Christian radio station, Spirit 105.3, was hosting a Family Fun day at the ranch and it was a free open house. Miracle Ranch is part of Crista Camps.

The biggest draw for Amber was finally being able to ride a horse, something she's wanted to do for a VERY long time. We stood in a non-moving line for quite a while, and then they brought in a couple more horses and things started to move along.


The young man with the horse was not a talker, so Amber just sat and enjoyed the ride. She was grinning from ear to ear. I think if she had the opportunity, she'd do it again in a heartbeat. Her horse's name was Virginia.

Ethan's ride was fun as the girl leading his horse was talkative. She even asked him my name so she could call for me to turn around and take a photo as she posed the horse for us!

And yes, I also rode a horse. Ethan was my photographer and I think we may need to do a photography class for him :) The hardest part, "You can get off now." Ummm, where's the step stool you let me use to get up on the beast? Nope, had to swing and slide. Let me say, it's a LONG way down from that saddle.
Then we headed down the trails and looked for the paintball site. We found it at Marksmans X.
These are some of the targets they were shooting. If you were REALLY good you could try for the stuffed duck. Let me say, I TRIED! I don't know as the sites were very well aligned. I could barely hit the tractor! I think I hit it once. Each person was given a paintball gun with 10 shots.
Here's Amber lining up her shots. She hit the tractor.
And here is Ethan. He hit the tractor, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment