I was actually a test knitter for this pattern from a designer on Ravelry. The name of the socks is actually in Irish, but as I cannot pronounce it, nor could I ever remember how to spell the words, I have renamed them the Tree of Life Socks. When I saw them on him I was reminded of older boy scout photos, so I decided to pose him that way.

The next few photos are Ian modeling his new sweater vest. Last month he was saying how cold he was and I instructed him to put on a sweater. His reply? "I don't have one!" Well, that was that, we set to looking through my books. He talked about a hooded sweater to which I said, "NO!" He was not interested in a pullover, so we knew it had to be a cardigan. We talked about vests, pull-on and button-up. We finally decided on this pattern. It has a zipper (two-way no less!), and pockets (a first for me!). Don't think I really want to ever do pockets again, but one never knows. If the pattern is well-written, then I might try again, but one never knows.
The men's small would have been too big for Ian's measurements, so I adjusted by using smaller needles and giving it more length. He's so tall and thin! The vest makes him look taller and thinner than ever!
Here is the back of his sweater. I think I gave him enough length to last him for at least a year or two.
Close up up front and pockets.

No comments:
Post a Comment