Saturday, August 21, 2010

What's going on?


Last night I went to the monthly Knit-In at DM's A Good Yarn Shop and completed a little yellow dragon (for a swap), and then worked on one of my secret Christmas gifts (although, it could be birthday, I'm not sure when I'll give it). I completed a portion of that, picked up my stuff and was going to leave when I noticed flashing lights outside. I had intended leaving about 10 minutes prior, but decided I could finish a couple more rows, bind off, and then head home early.

Come to find out, there was a really bad motorcycle accident and one of the ladies witnessed it. I don't think there was another vehicle involved. But I did hear there was a head in the middle of the road and I decided I needed to stay put and not leave. At that point I started to not feel too good and needed a distraction and pulled out another pattern and started reading it to see how to start it. I wasn't sure how long we were going to be in the store. But, by 9 p.m. the ambulance had left, Sheila was in the store filling out a police report because she was the witness, and the fire truck had left. I packed up again and made my way out to the car, thankful I'd parked in the back part of the lot, and went home. Seemed to be a long drive last night. I ended up staying up and knitting to settle my nerves and try to close down my mind. So, I started a scarf (for the same swap person as the dragon).

Today I've been working on the scarf. I'm making it out of some really pretty yellow wool. I'll have to post the photo when I'm done. I'll even try to get a photo of the dragon in here later, too. The scarf is a bit slow-going, and I hope I can speed up. I have to use a chart and it has 18 repeats of the second chart. I've completed five of the repeats so far today. I also want to make her a couple dishcloths.

The older boys left for a birthday party yesterday afternoon and they are now currently on their way home. The party portion was this afternoon at the Bainbridge swimming pool. Apparently it's a really nice pool and they were there all afternoon. It was for one of their scout friends.

I worked with Ethan this afternoon on some of his scout requirements and he completed his Scientist pin and belt loop, and his Astronomy pin and belt loop. He still has his Weather belt loop to complete. He just need to finish charting the temperature for a week. Trouble is, he can never remember to do it! He's going to read it when he gets up, at noon, and then when he goes to bed. I also want him to put them on a graph when he's done so he can see what the patterns are for each time of day.

Tacos for dinner tonight. We thought the boys were going to be brought home, but Ian just called and said they had finished cake and ice cream and were ready to be picked up. Needless to say, I doubt they'll eat much in the way of tacos. It's 7:03 now and we've held dinner for about an hour waiting for them. The rest of us are ready to eat!

1 comment:

  1. I love the new autumnal look for your blog. And what a cute little dragon. Bummer about the accident - good thing you delayed leaving!

    ReplyDelete