So, Daryn's off again for another week. Yuck! He left Friday night for Everett to go and "play" sailor for the weekend and returned home Sunday evening, only to have to turn around and repack for his departure the next day. He left here about 5:30 Monday morning and narrowly made his flight to Las Vegas with two and a half minutes to spare! Guess there was some traffic! He arrived in Vegas before noon, but it took him nearly two hours to get out of the airport ... have to love vehicle rentals! (Not!) Then he drove to China Lake, the first of several stops in the next couple weeks.
In the meantime, trying to keep the home fires burning, well, not literally, we have resumed our "normal" every day schedule. Amber went to sewing class Monday morning. Later in the afternoon she was caught in a lie. She said she had finished her spelling homework, when in fact, she just said she had. So, I told her she had to do say-spell-say and write the spelling and vocabulary THREE times instead of twice, AND there would be no dance class. That part killed me. However, punishing any other way has not had an impact on her as of late. I caught her several weeks ago lying about washing her hands after using the bathroom. We've had to resort to inspections after she goes now. At any rate, taking dance away was the worse thing I could think of and once I said it, I couldn't go back. URGH! She sure carried on. You would have thought the dog had been run over by a car. Poor Evyn had to endure her temper tantrum because he stayed home to make dinner. She was STILL doing her school work when we returned just over an hour later. I had to apologize to the dance teacher, too, but I am really praying this does the trick this time.
This afternoon Ian has decided to make some banana bread. We had three VERY ripe bananas. I also thought we could do breakfast night tonight as it's a late-ish dance night and with Daryn gone, no one to put dinner in the oven, etc. So, Ian is making a double batch, as we do have an abundance of bananas and they are all quickly ripening, and we shall have French Toast made with banana bread. Could prove interesting!
No comments:
Post a Comment