Saturday, October 24, 2009

Shuntbumping with HSKS 9

So, as you may or may not know, I am a member of an online group called Ravelry. Within this group of lots of other groups of which one can become a part. I joined one called HSKS (Hogwarts Sock Kit Swap). I joined for the Summer Camp session, as well as Ian. We had a lot of fun during HSKS 8, and so we joined up for HSKS 9. Instead of Summer Camp, we are on Quidditch teams. If you are familiar with J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series, you will know about Quidditch. At any rate, Ian and I are on the same Quidditch team, Pride of Portree.
We also participated in Shuntbumping. What is Shuntbumping? Well, here is what was written about that on our heading for our group:
"In the days before Quidditch became the most popular of broom games, the game of Shuntbumps was popular in Devon, England. This ancient sport was a crude form of jousting, the aim being to knock all other players off their brooms, the winner being the last person remaining on their broom.
"We will be resurrecting this ancient pre-curser to Quidditch by having our own Shuntbumps knockout competition in HSKS 9. Each week we will have a Shuntbumps contest in which pairs of players compete to finish a knit or crochet project assigned by the Shuntbumping Co-ordinators. The winner of each pairing will be the first to POST A PICTURE of their finished item within this Shuntbumps arena. Winners go on to the next week's contest and losers are knocked out. The overall winners will be the last surviving Shuntbumper in each league (knit/crochet) once all others are knocked out.
"Completed projects can either be donated to SPEW, local charities, or used as holiday gifts for friends and relatives. And of course the overall Shuntbumps winners will receive a prize."
So, without further ado, I present to you, my Round 1 completion of the Wizardly Incognito Hat. I won my first round.

Sadly, I had a two-hour late start for Round 2. My own fault. I misread the time zone starting time ... I read EDT instead of PDT. So, instead of knitting, I was out with Ethan and Amber looking for final elements for his costume. Oh well, things like this happen. On the upside, it's just as well, as next week we'll be having our Harry Potter Halloween Party and I don't want to have to be knitting instead of doing the party. So, it all works out in the end!

These are the Easy Fingerless Mitts.

No comments:

Post a Comment